Carmel is a professionally trained Accredited Counsellor and member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (bacp.com). In accordance with the BACP Ethical Guidelines, she uses an integrative approach, which is person-centred, systemic, humanistic and psychodynamic
More about Carmel: Carmel is subject to monthly clinical supervision and is fully committed to continual professional development.
Carmel’s career spans over twenty years with extensive experience working with children, young people and adults individually and as couples. Her work with families combines all aspects of her training and experience. As your counsellor Carmel’s role is to offer a confidential and safe place where you have the opportunity to speak freely, explore your feelings and thoughts and make the choices that will create a difference in your life. Seeking counselling can be as a consequence of a difficult, challenging or a sad time in your life, sometimes prompted by a significant life event such as divorce, death, life changes, career changes or the birth of a child. Equally, it may be as response to a need for a neutral space to consider how you are experiencing your life and to review all your options.
Working with children and young people, Carmel will often blend shared conversations with art and drama work enabling the young person to access feelings and thoughts that can be difficult to vocalise through words alone. Family work focuses on the development of relationships between each family member by enabling each person to speak for himself or herself as the family listens with the aim of creating positive communication amongst all members of family.
- ♦ Accredited registered Counsellor (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- ♦ BSc. (Hons) Sociology (Northumbria University)
- ♦ Certificate In Marital and Couple Counselling Theory and Practice (Relate)
- ♦ Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Humanistic)
- ♦ Certificate in Counselling Young People (Relate)
- ♦ Certificate of Systemic Practice Year 1 at Foundation Level in Family Therapy (Relate)
- ♦ Certificate of Intermediate Skills in Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (Park View Clinic Birmingham Children’s Hospital)
- ♦ Certificate in Transactional Analysis 101(Berne Institute)
- ♦ Counselling Skills with Children (Institute of Arts Therapy in Education, London)
- ♦ Diploma Child and Young People Counselling (University of Wales)
To find out more about counselling and psychotherapy, please click here.
Request an appointment with Carmel todayClick here