Ben originally qualified as a psychiatric nurse. Seeking a way to work with causes of disease, he then went on to study acupuncture. Through this ancient healing art, Ben still derives great satisfaction from helping people with stress-related conditions and physical problems. He also values the flexibility of diagnosing and treating each person as a unique individual.
Ben has been fortunate to study and work with some of the foremost acupuncture practitioners and teachers from Europe and the USA. From 1984-1994 Ben was a tutor at the College of Traditional Acupuncture. He returned there to teach from 2002 -2012 on the B.A.(Hons) programme, validated by Oxford Brookes University. Ben enjoyed teaching on every level of the course, including clinical supervision, and delivering post-graduate seminars.
From 1984-1986 Ben trained at the College of Healing, Malvern, since when he has used healing as a professional discipline. Ben was a tutor with the College of Healing from 1990-2001, where he also taught advanced courses for experienced healers. Ben’s practice was based entirely in Bristol until 2001, when he moved to Worcestershire with his wife and two children.
- ♦ Member of the British Acupuncture Council (MBAcC), qualifying as an acupuncturist in 1980.
- ♦ Licentiate in Acupuncture (Lic.Ac.) – College of Traditional Acupuncture, 1980
- ♦ Member of the College of Healing (M.C.O.H.), 1984
- ♦ Acupuncture Master (M.Ac.) – College of Traditional Acupuncture, 1989
- ♦ Certificate in Traditional Chinese Medicine – College of Integrated Chinese Medicine, 1996
- ♦ Certificate in Clinical Acupuncture – College of Integrated Chinese Medicine, 1998
- ♦ Associate Teacher in Higher Education – Oxford Brookes University, 2008
To find out more about Acupuncture, please click here
I have suffered from depression and stress and know that, without acupuncture, I would not still be here.
Click here to request an appointment with Ben Book here